Google Sites and Google Slides for a Looping Art Gallery Presentation


This week in the Creative Classroom we added a Website using Google Sites platform to build the site.  My goal in designing this site was to build it in a way that it is flexible enough to meet the current needs of my private art lesson students and parents with the flexibility to become my classroom webpage when I return to the classroom.  I like the idea of having resources that I use all the time at my fingertips as a teacher, as well as including resources for parents and students that we utilize frequently.

You can visit my website HERE.


One of my favorite aspects of the page is the scrolling slideshow featuring current artwork from my students.  Since I teach private lessons, I don't have the opportunities to display their artwork as easily as I did when I taught in the classroom.  This slideshow allows me the ability to highlight students work by the month and eventually I would like to get them writing short artists statements about their work.  




Here is how to add a slideshow to any website that uses HTML code.  


First, set up your slide show with the transitions that you want.



Second, Go to FILE and select PUBLISH TO THE WEB.



Third, the screen that opens will look like this...
                

                                      ....click on the EMBED tab.

Fourth, select the slide size that you want to appear on your page (this might taking some trial and error), and select the timing for your slides. 

 Check the boxes for START SLIDESHOW AS SOON AS THE PLAYER LOADS and RESTART THE SLIDESHOW AFTER THE LAST SLIDE so that the presentation continually loops.
Last, Copy and Paste the HTML code directly into the appropriate location on your website.

That's it!  

Good luck adding your own Google Slide's Gallery to your website!

Mrs. J


Comments