Google Chrome, Google Extensions, and Google Keep for Art Teachers


Welcome to my blog The Creative Classroom!  This week in my masters class Google Tools for Educators we focused our learning on the capabilities of Chrome Browser, explored Chrome add-ins and extensions, and familiarized ourselves with Google Keep. 

One of my favorite art-related extensions I found was Google Art and Culture. This extension opens a new artwork from Google Arts & Culture each time you open a new tab in Chrome.  If you are not familiar with Google Art and Culture I encourage you to check out the video below to learn what great opportunities they provide for art teachers.   Masterpieces at our fingertips!  This article also provides some great ideas for ways that one can use the Google Art and Culture app in the art room.


I also had the chance to explore the application, Google Keep.  Google Keep allows users to take notes on what resembles sticky notes and add labels to quickly access your notes by assigned categories.  It has the capability to quickly make lists and offers reminders to be set as well.  I really like this platform as an alternative to Pinterest, especially for my private art lessons.  I quickly made a note for one of my students the other day with a collection of examples from previous students.  This seemed a much less cumbersome way to quickly show him multiple images in one location rather than scrolling through Pinterest looking for what I needed. 
The labels are tremendously useful at organizing everything and the fact that it is web-based makes it so easy to access my notes and lists from any of my devices (my phone, iPad, desktop, etc.)

Feel free to explore the potential of these great apps and extensions for yourself:

Download the Chrome Browser HERE.

Add Google Art and Culture Extension HERE.

Explore Google Keep HERE.




Comments